15 Customer Self-Service and Experience Stats To Know (2020)
To conduct this study, we surveyed a random sample of 285 people, who were asked a number of questions.
To conduct this study, we surveyed a random sample of 285 people, who were asked a number of questions, including, but not limited to, their habits and preferences on customer support, customer experiences and how it influences their actions.
That being said, here are 15 statistics from our eBook, An Exploratory Research Study: Customer Experience and Customer Self-Support.
- 79% say they expect organizations to provide self-service support tools to help customers find answers without having to contact support.
- 77% say that they view organizations more positively if they offer self-service options for customers looking for support.
- 83% say they would use an online community for self-service support if it was available.
- 92% say they would use a knowledge base for self-service support if it was available.
- 61% of customers will consider switching to a competitor after a bad customer experience.
- 68% say that if the answer to their question doesn’t appear on the first page of Google, they will not navigate to the second page. Rather, they will rephrase their search and try again.
- 79% say that they will purchase more products/ services from a company after a positive customer experience.
- 64% of customers trust information provided by their peers more than information provided by an organization.
- 77% say that offering poor self-service support is worse than not offering any at all since it wastes time.
- 72% say that how a website is designed is a good indicator of their credibility.
- 62% say that an active and visible support community increases the likelihood of making a purchase.
- 84% say that they try to solve support issues on their own before they contact customer support.
- 68% say that after a bad customer experience, they’ll tell their friends and family about that experience.
- 55% say that excellent peer reviews can boost their trust of an organization.
- 53% say they will go on to write a positive review following a good customer experience.
Be sure to download the full eBook for free to learn more mind blowing statistics about customer self-service and learn what we recommend you do to stay in your customers’ good books.