Here are 20 key statistics found in our newest eBook, Online Communities: The Benefits and Impacts on Organizations, 2019:
- An online community can help organizations improve engagement by up to 21%
- 66% of branded communities say that the community has had an impact on customer retention.
- 68% of branded communities say that the community has helped create new leads.
- 55% of branded communities say that the community has contributed to an increase in sales.
- 57% of branded communities say that the community has led to an increase in brand SEO.
- 72% of those with a branded community say that the community has led to an increase in website traffic.
- 90% of communities say that suggestions from the community have been used to improve products or services.
- 76% of branded communities have a dedicated community manager.
- Having a dedicated community manager for your branded community can help improve performance by up to 12%.
- Having a managed online community lessens the burden of engagement by 44%.
- 77% of support-based branded communities also have a knowledge base.
- 66.3% of branded communities say they have community moderators.
- 25% of organizations who switched from a social media community to a branded community did it to increase customer engagement.
- 88% of branded communities said that the community has helped improve customer experience.
- 78% of communities say that it has been used to develop new/ future products and services.
- 84% of branded communities say that the community has had a positive impact on those interested in the brand.
- Branded communities are 13% more likely to have an impact on customer experience than social media communities.
- Branded communities are 21% more likely to see an increase in brand SEO than social media communities.
- Branded communities are 16% more likely to successfully foster brand loyalty than social media communities.
- 58% of online communities says that their customers are more loyal to the brand because of their community.
Ultimately, this research report comes to five conclusions:
1. Engagement is the Biggest Challenge
Whether it’s an organization with a branded community, a social media community, or no community at all, engagement is still a challenge for all.
2. Online Communities Support Top Business Challenges
Businesses with online communities have reported seeing successful outcomes in areas that those without a community struggle with.
3. Branded Communities Are The Most Effective
Branded communities are more effective than social media communities in addressing key business challenges. Respondents report overall higher levels of success with a branded community.
4. Having a Dedicated Community Manager Increases the Impact and Performance of Your Community
Branded communities with a dedicated community manager perform better in almost every area than those who don’t have a dedicated community manager.
5. Support Communities Are Likely to Have a Knowledge Base
Organizations who have an online community that is used for customer support are also likely to have a knowledge base as part of their strategy.
To learn more about these findings, we definitely encourage you to read the full report. You can grab your free copy of this report here.
Suggested Higher Logic Posts
Introducing the Engagement Benchmark Score: A New Solution for Measuring Online Community Engagement
Community Strategy // If you’ve ever owned, led, or managed a community, you’ve asked yourself, or been asked a version of this question: “Is our level of community engagement where it needs to be?”
How We Know the 90-9-1 Rule for Online Community Engagement is Officially Outdated
Community Strategy // We see communities generating impressive results for their organizations every day. To do that, a community needs to have solid engagement. The 90-9-1 rule just doesn’t align to that.
Online Communities in 2020: 28 Key Facts + Statistics to Know
Community Strategy // Online community stats from The State of Community Management 2020, an annual report by The Community Roundtable, covering ROI, use cases, and engagement.