Higher Logic’s Rob Wenger Announces New Role as Executive Chairman, Welcomes Kevin Boyce as New CEO
Rob Wenger is taking on a new role as executive chairman, and we’re happy to welcome Kevin Boyce as our new chief executive officer, starting August 27, 2018.
At the risk of bragging too much about our collective success, let me recap all of Higher Logic’s recent, amazing growth:
- 2007-2015: We maintained a steady 30% growth rate on our own over the years, as we forged ahead in providing the best community and collaboration software for our customers
- 2016: We embarked on a big investment with JMI Equity, and they’ve become valued partners
- 2017: We bought four companies and some great new products, and we’re so happy to count Saratoga Springs, Mesa, Portland, and all our remote teammates as members of the Orange Army
This journey has been a whirlwind, in the best way. All these changes have prepared us for the next phase of our amazing growth.
I’m taking on a new role as executive chairman, and I’d like to introduce you to Kevin Boyce, who is taking over as our new CEO and a board member, effective August 27.
Check out our official announcement in this press release.
The Right Combination for Success: People and Structure
The best organizations change ahead of when they need to. Our new platform integrations are well underway, our business results are hitting and exceeding their mark, and we’ve redefined how we do customer success. The time is right to focus on how to manage and scale our growth. As we look at the next phase in this journey, we need the right combination of people and structure to develop and foster our long-term strategy. It’s essential to achieve long-term success, for both our customers and ourselves. Kevin is a dynamic, focused, and experienced leader we need for this next phase.
Rob’s Focus: Tech and Next-Generation Research
I’m going to focus on strategic growth opportunities like next-generation research, key customer and partner relationships, and international expansion. I’ve always strived to be the innovative, forward-focused entrepreneur. I’m also really excited to get back into tech-focused projects, which is my passion! As always, I am ALL IN on Higher Logic.
Kevin’s Focus: Growth, Scale, and Customer Experience
I’ve found in Kevin an exceptional leader and business person, who can truly take us to that next level. He is part of this long-term plan to expand our leadership team and continue our focus on driving growth, scaling operations, and delivering a premier customer experience. Kevin will be responsible for all business functions – strategy, development, operations, go-to-market, and administration, as well as the long-term management of the business.
Here’s more on why I’m so glad Kevin’s joining us:
- He is a leader that has grown teams and businesses like ours, as both an operator and a board member
- Most recently, he was the chief operating officer of Ellucian, where he directly managed over 2,000 employees and more than $700 million in revenues
- He was named Private Company Chief Financial Officer of the Year in 2010 and 2016, as well as Trending 40: Top Tech Chief Financial Officer by Bisnow in 2015
- Check out Kevin’s full bio here
Kevin has a passion for building great teams, and we’re excited to welcome him to the Higher Logic family!