Service Description – Moderation Services (Corporate Plan)
HIGHER LOGIC SERVICES
This Services Description (the “Services Description”) sets forth certain strategic services provided by Higher Logic with respect to Higher Logic Services referenced on the Order Form (henceforth referred to below as the “Higher Logic Services”). The Order Form and Services Description are subject to and governed by the Master Subscription Agreement between the parties referenced in the Subscriber’s Order Form (the “Master Subscription Agreement”). Defined terms shall have the meaning accorded to such terms in the Master Subscription Agreement unless otherwise set forth herein.
By executing the Order Form, to which this Services Description is attached, the Subscriber hereby expressly agrees to all terms and conditions of the Order Form, this Services Description, and the Master Subscription Agreement. In the event of any conflicts in terms of the Order Form, this Services Description, and the Master Subscription Agreement, the terms of the Master Subscription Agreement shall prevail.
For the avoidance of doubt, Higher Logic Services will begin upon the Subscriber’s execution of the Order Form which references “Higher Logic Services” and upon the Subscriber’s confirmation of readiness to start Higher Logic Services. Higher Logic will provide the Subscriber with a Community Moderator to deliver stated services.
Scope of Services
The Community Operations Scope of Services is intended to provide the Subscriber with access to a Community Moderator that will execute standard in-community tasks. These tasks are defined based on Higher Logic best practices. These tasks are outlined in the deliverables below.
|· Moderation Kickoff Meeting – Review of the Subscriber’s moderation needs, moderations settings.
· Moderation Plan – Build an action plan for when users violate the terms and conditions.
· Moderation Configuration: Setup moderation settings based on the moderation plan and needs of the subscriber.
· Pre-launch Review Call: Provide final review of moderation plan and settings prior to community launch.
|Community Moderation: Higher Logic will provide moderation services for the Subscriber comprised of the following activities:
· Inbox Management: Provide daily review (to be executed on business days) of Community Moderator inbox.
· Review Reported Posts – daily review of reported posts queue
· Moderation Queue: Provide daily review (to be executed on business days) of community’s moderation queue. Approve appropriate posts and escalate through the moderation escalation plan for posts that violate the community terms and conditions.
· Spam Queue: Provide daily review of spam queue to identify and ban spammers, and mark legitimate users as verified to prevent them from being marked as spam again in the future
|Unanswered Threads & Messages
|· Internal Staffing Support Matrix – Build out a matrix of points of contact for different topics and scenarios in the community.
· Thread Response templates: Draft (up to 10) templatized responses that meet the needs and match the tone of your community
· Pre-launch Review: Review moderation plan and settings before the community or program launch.
· Tagging Review: Identify, define, and review tagging taxonomy to be utilized in the community.
|· Thread Response: Provide a templatized response to posts that have not been replied to in 24-48 hours. (Example: Thank you for your post!)
· Unanswered Threads: Provide once-per-business day review of unanswered threads in the community. This review will utilize the internal staffing support matrix to encourage responses to community posts from staff members or volunteers.
· Content Tagging: Use judgement and best practices to flag any tags used incorrectly and adjust/ escalate, as necessary.
· Discussion Posts: Post discussions on behalf of the Subscriber in a standard format and frequency agreed upon between Higher Logic and the Subscriber, as provided by the Subscriber
Engagement Roles & Responsibilities
The following roles and responsibilities required for this project for both the Subscriber and Higher Logic are outlined below.
Higher Logic Team
Higher Logic will provide people resources throughout the Higher Logic Services. The resources assigned to the roles described in the table below will provide the services and deliverables outline in the services description.
|Higher Logic Roles
|Higher Logic Community Moderator
|Higher Logic will designate a Community Moderator (primary contact point) for the Strategic Services contract. The Higher Logic Community Moderator may provide any combination of advisory, strategic and/or day-to-day execution support to the community.
Higher Logic may, at its discretion and upon reasonable notification to the Subscriber, reassign individuals in any of the roles listed above.
The Subscriber will provide people resources as listed below to support this service. In the event of a change to a key resource, the Subscriber will provide Higher Logic with reasonable notification to ensure a resource transition occurs. The Subscriber and Higher Logic may supplement the resources and roles as necessary to ensure project completion.
|Point of Contact (“POC”)
|The Subscriber will designate a single point of contact (the “POC”) to facilitate communication during the engagement. The POC will remain the single point of contact for all required Subscriber planning and approvals related to the Higher Logic Services.
|The POC may identify specific Subscriber Stakeholder(s) responsible for collaborating with the POC and the Higher Logic Community Moderator. The Subscriber Stakeholders are expected to develop a basic level of understanding of Higher Logic Platform features and functionality.
- The Subscriber will furnish the Community Moderator with an email address on Subscriber’s domain if required.
- The POC will manage the completion of the Escalation Matrix in collaboration with the Subscriber Stakeholders and the Community Moderator.
- The Subscriber will manage all creation, customization, and approval of communications copy.
- The POC will facilitate approval on topics, content, and timing of the posts by the Community Moderator.
- The POC will facilitate approval of configuration and content for the community, including automated system actions.
- All services will be performed by Higher Logic remotely during Higher Logic’s business days and hours of operation, Monday through Friday 9-5 EST.
- This engagement’s execution shall not exceed 2.5 hours of HL staff time per working week or 30 minutes per workday.
- The Subscriber will provide Higher Logic with at least two (2) business days’ notice for any scheduled meetings.
- Any travel, meals, and accommodation expenses for onsite visits, if any, will be paid by the Subscriber. Higher Logic will work with Subscriber to ensure flights and hotels are booked with Subscriber’s preferred providers (where applicable) and at reasonable rates.
- Services will be performed from Monday through Friday during Higher Logic’s regular business hours at the location where the Services are performed.
- Higher Logic Community Moderators will service multiple Higher Logic Subscribers and may be working in other communities performing a similar role.
- Higher Logic Community Moderators will not communicate with Subscriber points of contact via the Subscriber’s internal intranet or chat (ex: Slack, Skype).
- The Subscriber is expected to enroll and attend Higher Logic’s on-demand training resources to onboard. The Subscriber may in its sole discretion register for additional training.
- Higher Logic reserves the right to reassign resources, reschedule and/or re-prioritize the Higher Logic Services or any milestone related to the Higher Logic Services if Subscriber is not responsive and/or if the Subscriber requests a delay of the Higher Logic Services. For the avoidance of doubt, any delay in Online Community Implementation may, as set forth above, delay the Higher Logic Services.
- The Higher Logic Community Moderator’s planning and execution will be solely focused on the community space identified by Subscriber (g., Open Forum or Primary topic).
- The Community Moderator’s planning and execution will solely pertain to the Subscriber’s Higher Logic Community.
- Meetings are held virtually via agreed upon video conferencing platforms such as Zoom.
Out of Scope Services
The parties acknowledge and agree that the tasks and activities listed below are, without limitation, outside the scope of the Higher Logic Services and are not provided by Higher Logic as part of the Higher Logic Services. If Subscriber requests an out-of-scope service, whether included on this list or otherwise determined by Higher Logic to be out-of-scope (a “Change Request”), Higher Logic will consider such a request and may, at its sole discretion, provide such additional services under a time and materials (T&M) fee of $200 per hour. If requested, Higher Logic will prepare a cost estimate and timeline for the additional services and, upon Subscriber’s execution of an order form detailing the Change Request Services, will commence work. Higher Logic reserves the right to decline any change request.
Services considered out of scope for Higher Logic Services include any activity that falls outside of the scope of services as defined in the section “Scope of Services”.
Examples of services not covered in this engagement include:
- Creation of marketing material or content, including newsletter emails, graphic design, social media posts, one-pagers, infographics, or PDFs for the purpose of promoting the community
- Maintenance and execution on a tagging taxonomy to organize resources, including the application of tags to any resources and discussion posts
- Custom metrics or key performance indicator dashboard creation, custom reporting, custom data visualization (ex: infographic), or the management of third-party analytics tools
- Custom creation of videos, including marketing videos, screencasts, recordings of site demos, or delivery of webinars
- Custom creation of Subscriber-specific support manuals (ex: Playbooks, Handbooks, Toolkits, Guides) with operating procedures on Higher Logic features or functionality.
- Subscriber’s Community implementation
- Website page, data and/or content migration
- Custom coding of any kind (I.e., custom CSS, HTML)
- Management or use of the organization’s AMS/CRM
- Product changes/enhancements
- Integration changes (g., SSO changes, Zapier, Salesforce/Zendesk integrations, etc.)
- Design of any graphical elements of the community site or communications, including ad creation, email design, carousel updates, onboarding resources/guides, and automation rule ribbons or badges.
- Design, UX, or any organization of community components
- Delivery or design of Custom Trainings for staff members or content users
- Participation in internal meetings with the Subscriber’s organization outside of the designated virtual meetings for the purpose of managing the Online Community, including but not limited to Subscriber’s staff meetings or board meetings
- Business dealings, negotiations or material creation for the Subscriber’s internal department, investor, or vendor meetings (ex: board meetings)
- Selection, coordination, and contracting with third-party vendors