Every year at Super Forum, we award customers who went above and beyond with their communities and automated campaigns.
We’d like to take a moment to look back at the 2019 winners and share the tips and tricks they’re using to truly shine.
Meet 9 Award-Winning Higher Logic Customers
1. Most Successful Online Community: CFP Board
CFP Board’s online community, Candidate Forum, launched in mid-2016 and has been highly successful in terms of supporting CFP Board’s mission of granting the CFP® certification. It has also surpassed Higher Logic’s community benchmarks!
The Candidate Forum helps create a connection among people who are on the path to certification – from those interested in the certification to those who have a bit more to learn and are attempting the exam again. The community offers candidates the chance to exchange advice, offer and receive support, and create bonds with their peers.
Some impressive 2019 stats from their robust community:
- 28% increase of logins since 2018
- 12% increase of posts since 2018
- 12% increase of unique contributors since 2018
2. Most Successful Community Launch (Corporate): Broadcom
Note: Launching a community isn’t easy. So many customers wowed us this year with their launches that we had to pick two.
Our first winner, from the SaaS space, is Broadcom. They launched their Higher Logic community in June 2019 by migrating over two mature companies and blending them into one platform. Then, they broke the communities up into four microsites to align with the company structure. This launch consisted of extremely complex data sets mapping users and contributions from two companies.
3. Most Successful Community Launch (Association): American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE)
ASPE launched their community in March 2019 to their 6,000 members. Within the first 5 days of launch, there were:
- 105 discussion posts
- An average of 5.17 replies per thread
Since launch, their metrics have consistently been impressive:
- 33% of ASPE members have accepted the terms and logged in
- 460 unique contributors
- 2,521 discussion posts*
*As of November 2019
Feedback keeps coming in that ASPE Connect is the best member benefit in years!
4. Top Digital Marketer of the Year: Beth Arritt, American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE)
Beth, Staff Vice President, Marketing, at AAAE, is a mastermind at using Higher Logic’s marketing automation platform with her association management system, iMIS, to create precise target groups for personalized messaging. She uses Higher Logic’s marketing automation campaign designer to automate internal processes, as well as to trigger external communication.
Plus, another technique she’s got up her sleeve: Using dynamic content with zip code radius segments, so each member sees just the events in their local areas.
5. Best Community Manager: Emily Sitzberger, Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB)
Emily, one of Higher Logic’s 2020 Community Movers + Shakers, consistently goes above and beyond to learn and improve AACSB Exchange. She went through online trainings, attended webinars, and worked with a designated Higher Logic resource to help her put learning into practice.
She also attends Super Forum each year and brings pieces of change back to the office. Her success is a direct reflection of her dedication to her association, community, and her utilization of Higher Logic resources.
6. Best Community Site Design: Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity
How do we describe Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity’s community site?
Engaging, exciting, energetic, and easy to use.
The team kept these ideas at the forefront as they built their online community, focusing on personalized curated content and ensuring mobile responsivity.
7. Best Email Design: California Special Districts Association (CSDA)
Everyone’s inbox is full of emails competing for our attention every day. How do you stand out from the crowd? This winner found a way. CSDA’s tactics included:
- Employed section blocks with content and “read more” links make it easily scannable and mobile-friendly
- Used an image-to-text ratio that adheres to best practices and increases readability
- Highlighted an event above the hero image to draw attention to CSDA’s offerings
8. Most Creative Use of HL Platform: Clark Construction
Communities aren’t one-size-fits-all, so we like to see when customers think outside of the box. Clark Construction uses their employee community to:
- Engage internal departments through Discussions
- Facilitate information sharing through Updates (blog posts)
- House the company’s resources with an effective tagging structure
- Use resource filters, automation rules, intelligent search, and automated email campaigns to connect team members to others and information needed to do their jobs
9. Most Innovative Way of Using the HL MA Platform (MA): American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS)
Just because it’s automated doesn’t mean you don’t need innovation. ARRS has been an iMIS-integrated client since 2013. They were an early adopter of automated campaigns, creating their first in 2015. The renewal campaigns are based on the membership personas, which allows them to use more relevant language.
Manager of Strategic Services
Suggested Higher Logic Posts
3 Automated Email Campaigns Professionals Australia Used to Strengthen Their Association
Customer Stories // With over 40 diverse member segments, Professionals Australia uses automated email campaigns to recruit, onboard, and engage new members.
Amp Up Your 2021 Virtual Events with an Online Community
Customer Stories // If a virtual event is on your roadmap for next year, make your event stand out from the crowd with an engaging event community.
How Associations Are Using Community to Support Their Members During COVID-19
Customer Stories // Communities are helping association members professionally and personally during the COVID-19 public health crisis, and the engagement numbers show it.